NEVER COVER SMOKE DETECTORS FOR ANY REASON, THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.
If your fire alarm sounds, please press alt-5-1-4 to activate the keypad and then press ‘silence’, then email email@example.com so that we can instruct an electrician to attend. Do not reset the panel yourself. If the alarm goes off outside of office hours, please text the out of office line on 077503 111 299 as well as email the repairs email.
If there is a fault showing on the panel, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not reset the panel yourself. If you reset the panel where a fault was showing this will erase details of the fault so you may be charged for the call-out. If there is a fault showing outside of office hours, please text the out of office line.
If the alarm is triggered by the tenants, you may be charged for the cost of the call-out to reset it.
We strongly recommend you do the following to prevent triggering the alarms:
- Use extractor fans when cooking & bathing and open a window whilst you are doing so and for some time afterwards to allow steam/smoke to disperse.
- Clean kitchen extractor fan regularly to prevent a build-up of grease
- Refrain from using deodorant or hairspray near detectors and only do so in a well-ventilated area.
- Check toaster is not set too high and clean debris after use
- Keep oven and grill clean to prevent burnt-on food from producing smoke
- Do not burn candles/incense/oil burners in the property. Oil burners can also block extractor fans!